Hooray for summer! It’s grilling, potluck-ing, picnic-ing season! The time for cold, creamy “salads” and barbeque. Mmmmm.
I stumbled on this potato salad recipe with pickles & fresh dill a while back and decided to give it a go with some nonfat, thick Greek yogurt (my go-to for anything that requires mayo, sour cream, or even half & half). It’s so yummy, my 8-year-old Big Brothers Big Sisters “little” loved it and it’s so easy, she pretty much made it herself.
With the addition of Greek yogurt, this actually has a decent amount of protein and could stand alone for a quick lunch. Of course, it’s also awesome next to anything off the grill or at a potluck.
How about you guys? Are you as pumped as I am for eating outdoors? Any favorite barbeque/potluck dishes or twists on old favorites?
Ingredients (serves 5-6 as a side):
- 1 lb red-skin potatoes
- 2-3 dill pickle spears, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1-2 hard boiled eggs, peeled & chopped
- 1/3 c nonfat thick Greek yogurt (my fave is Fage)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- a couple/few tsp fresh dill, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Boil the potatoes until fork-tender. Let cool in the fridge.
- When the potatoes are cooled-through, cut into bite-sized chunks, mix with everything else.
- Serve cold. Enjoy!